Posted 223 days ago ago by Juanita Lopez (ITSD)
At the Department of Arts & Culture, we understand the significant impact COVID-19 has on every corner of San Antonio, including our arts community. These changes have been devastating to the organizations, people and supporters that make our City come alive through art. As we all work together to keep ourselves, loved ones and community safe, we are working to ensure artists and arts organizations have the resources they need to help during this unprecedented time.
RESOURCES FOR ARTS ORGANIZATIONS & ARTISTS
We've created this quick, printable and downloadable overview of resources that may help you during this difficult time. In addition, here are some additional resources that may be of interest. These resources are updated regularly – if you have a resource to share, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important Things to Remember:
- These services and programs may not be applicable or available to everyone – and due to the large number of applications – criteria for grants may change. If you are seeking relief and feel you may qualify, you are encouraged to connect with these organizations directly through their websites and application process. A link for each opportunity is provided, where you may find more information.
- If you are a member of a professional service organization, association or guild, reach out to these organizations and see if they offer any type of support.
- Be sure to take the Americans for the Arts' Impact Survey to help collect data on the impact of COVID-19 on the arts.
FINANCIAL RESOURCES FOR ORGANIZATIONS
- National Endowment for the Humanities CARES Act Grant – Up to $300,000 eligible organizations seeking support for at-risk humanities positions and projects that have been impacted by the coronavirus.
- San Antonio Area Foundation COVID-19 Response Fund – $5,000 to $50,000 operating grants to nonprofit organizations in Bexar, Atascosa, Bandera, Comal, Guadalupe, Kendall, Medina and Wilson counties.
- Payroll Protection Program - Small Business Administration (SBA) – Loan forgiveness designed to provide direct incentive for retaining employees.
- Economic Injury Disaster Loan - SBA – Loan advance of up to $10,000 for businesses experiencing a loss of revenue.
- Express Bridge Loan Pilot Program - SBA – Allows businesses with a business relationship with an SBA Express Lender to access $25,000 quickly.
- SBA Debt Relief – SBA will automatically pay the principal, interest, and fees of current 7(a), 504, and microloans for 6 months.
- LiftFund 0% Interest Loan Program – Through a partnership with LiftFund, the City of San Antonio helps make 0% interest loans from $500 to $100,000 available to qualifying local small, minority, and women-owned businesses.
Other Resources for Organizations
Financial Resources for Artists
- Texas Workforce Commission – Disaster Unemployment Assistance – If you lost your job or work because of this disaster, you may be able to apply for unemployment benefits.
- 25 Financial Grants for Texas Artists Affected By COVID-19
- Artist Relief – $5,000 grants to artists facing dire financial emergencies due to COVID-19
- CERF+ Emergency Relief Grants – Grants up to $3,000 for artists that have experienced a recent, career threatening emergency such as an illness, accident, fire or natural disaster
- MusiCares COVID-19 Relief Fund – Music industry professionals may apply for grants up to $1,000 to compensate for cancelled work that was scheduled and lost.
- Artist Relief Project – A one-time emergency stipend of $200 and free resources and support to anyone pursuing arts as a career.
- Sweet Relief COVID-19 Fund – Grants for musicians and music industry workers affected by Coronavirus.
- Foundation for the Contemporary Arts Emergency Grants COVID-19 Fund– One-time $1,500 grants to artists who have had performances or exhibitions canceled or postponed because of the pandemic.
- PEN America – Emergency grants up to $2,000 for professional—published or produced—writers in acute, emergency financial crisis.
- Arts and Culture Leaders of Color Emergency Fund – One-time micro grants of $200 for BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, People of Color) artists AND administrators
- NDN Collective’s COVID-19 Response Project - $5,000 for Indigenous artists and entrepreneurs impacted by COVID-19
- The Photographer Fund – $500 grants for photographers impacted by COVID-19
Other Resources for Artists
Promotion of Online Events
We want to help you promote
your online event! Submit
your event to our calendar today! Find tips on driving revenues/donations via your events and promotions.