Posted 3 years 233 days ago ago by Javier Flores (WHO)
Javier Flores, Department for Culture & Creative Development
San Antonio Film Commission Celebrates Local Filmmakers during 7th Annual Neighborhood Film Project Awards
SAN ANTONIO (June 30, 2016)
– The San Antonio Film Commission, a division of the City of San Antonio Department for Culture & Creative Development, announced the winners of the seventh annual Neighborhood Film Project competition at a screening and awards ceremony held last night at the Carver Community Cultural Center. The Neighborhood Film Project is an annual film competition that engages local filmmakers to produce new works and tell the stories that make San Antonio unique, while highlighting various neighborhoods and communities throughout the city.
Sixteen short film entries were screened, and six cash prizes were presented to local filmmakers who earned high marks from a panel of judges comprised of local film industry experts. Prizes were awarded to:
- Alejandro DeHoyos, “Eastgate” (Documentary Category)
- Drew Garces, “Taco Run” (Comedy Category)
- Scott Greenberg, “The Courtship” (Drama Category)
- Sam Lerma, “Future of Our Park” (Documentary Category)
- Kevin Nations, “The Girl with the Mirror” (Documentary Category)
- Miguel Romero, “Free” (Comedy Category)
“The District 2 community continues to support local arts and artists, including filmmakers with Alamo City Studios located in the historic Eastside. The Carver Community Cultural Center also served as the perfect setting for the Neighborhood Film Project award ceremony as it, in itself, is a historic neighborhood treasure,” District 2 Councilman Alan E. Warrick, II, said. “I congratulate all of the local filmmakers who put their time, talent and energy into helping tell the stories of our great city.”
The San Antonio Film Commission, a division of the City of San Antonio Department for Culture & Creative Development, has emerged as a go-to resource for filmmakers. As a full-service agency that promotes the art and craft of moviemaking in San Antonio, the film commission provides an array of services available to filmmakers including: location scouting, liaison services, permitting, crew and casting calls, and more.
For more information about the San Antonio Film Commission, visit GetCreativeSanAntonio.com/FilmCommission