Posted 5 years 37 days ago ago by Javier Flores (WHO)
Javier Flores, Department for Culture & Creative Development
2015 Diez y Seis de Septiembre Calendar of Events Now Available at a Library Branch Near You
SAN ANTONIO (August 18, 2015)
– The City of San Antonio Department for Culture & Creative Development and the City’s Diez y Seis de Septiembre Commission announce the 2015 Diez y Seis de Septiembre Events Calendar is now available at all San Antonio Public Library branch locations throughout the city. Residents are encouraged to stop by their nearest branch library and pick up a complimentary copy.
The calendar provides an exciting program filled with diverse and educational festivities for families to observe in celebration of the anniversary of Mexico’s independence from Spain and Hispanic Heritage.
Several highlighted events from this year’s calendar include:
Avenida Guadalupe 34th Annual Parade and Festival – September 12
- Fiesta Patrias at Historic Market Square – September 12-13
- Dia de los Niños – September 19
- Culture, Health & Fitness Fair – September 19
- Mariachi Concert – September 19
- Bravo! Latino! Musical Performance – September 25-26
- Flamenco Fest 2015 – October 5-11
The community is also invited to a kick-off event for this year’s Diez y Seis de Septiembre activities. The celebration will be held on Wednesday, August 26, 2015 at 10:30 a.m. at the Plaza de Armas Gallery, 115 Plaza de Armas (behind City Hall and next to the Spanish Governor’s Palace). Attendees to this free event will receive information on this year’s events, and enjoy cultural dance performances and light refreshments.
For more information, visit www.getcreativesanantonio.com or call 210-206-ARTS (2787).
Your guide to arts and culture events in San Antonio is GetCreativeSanAntonio.com.
City on the Rise: San Antonio
San Antonio is a city on the rise for the new face of America—a diverse, progressive and globally competitive city with a solid vision for national and international economic development. The City of San Antonio maintains a strong financial position with a “AAA” general obligation bond rating from all three major rating agencies. In 2014, Forbes labeled San Antonio the “Best City in the Southwest” for adults ages 18-34 for its dynamic economy, employment opportunities and affordable living. As the seventh-largest city in the United States, San Antonio is experiencing solid economic growth in 21st century industries such as bioscience, aerospace, cybersecurity and healthcare, which contribute billions to the local economy. San Antonio has also positioned itself at the forefront of the New Energy Economy in the United States, committed to investing and creating employment opportunities in green industries. San Antonio continues to experience the addition of missions at its several military commands, further fostering a significant relationship spanning more than 200 years. Thirty-one million visitors come to San Antonio every year, generating more than $13.4 billion annually and making the travel industry a vital asset to the city’s economic health. For more information, visit www.sanantonio.gov.