Following many location scouts and conversations with producers, the San Antonio Film Commission successfully secured two two-hour episodes on NBC's popular American Ninja Warrior. The show will set up and film in downtown San Antonio, March 20 - 29, 2017, on Dolorosa Street in front of the historic Bexar County Courthouse.
At a glance, this project will generate:
- Two two-hour episodes on NBC, with the City of San Antonio as the backdrop (6.9M viewers for each episode, worth $57M in earned media coverage)
- A local economic impact of $3.5M in the 10 days of the production
- An average of 18 local film crew hired each day
As filming will occur in the core of downtown, there will be street closures required for a show of this magnitude. These street closures (and corresponding detours) are outlined in the map below, with Dolorosa (from N. Flores to S. St. Mary's) and Main Plaza Ave. (from Dolorosa to Villita) closed between March 20 and 29.
Additional Information for Residents and Visitors
- Production assistants can apply at Staff Me Up.
- Filming will occur overnight on March 26 and 27. To join the audience waiting list, visit On Camera Audiences.
- For businesses and residents located in the closure and production area, any concerns that must be addressed regarding scheduled deliveries, construction, accessibility needs, etc. can be directed to the show’s Locations Department at 818.658.1714. The show will do everything possible to find a mutually agreeable solution.
- Questions about street closures or detours can be directed to the City of San Antonio’s Right of Way Management Office by phone at 210.207.6949 or by contacting Edward or Robert.