This National Historic Landmark represents the last visual remnants of the Presidio San Antonio de Béjar. Traditionally known as the Spanish Governor’s Palace, it was the original comandancia (residence and working office) for the captains of the military garrison from 1722 until the early 1800s.
Come learn Texas’s earliest history under Spanish rule. Tour the rooms furnished with Spanish Colonial period pieces and be delighted with the beautifully landscaped gardens in the courtyard.
Check back often and visit our Facebook page for information about upcoming events at the Palace.